- "The title itself is a riff or play on our very first live album, which came out in 1987, and which was called
Live In The City Of Light, because it
was recorded in Paris. I remember that night and we felt there was
magic in the air, it was a particular tour and we wanted to get it down. Through the years and at different times
as the band has evolved through different line-ups, different arrangements, we try and take a souvenir of where
we are at that moment of time as a live band. And there was magic in the air last year
because the tour that the album came from was
our first coast-to-coast American tour for decades. So we were excited about that. There was a bit of
trepidation prior because we thought "Does anyone remember us?" It had been a long, long time. We were glad
to see tickets sold out well in advance, and we had to go out and prove ourselves. First of all, they were welcoming
us like heroes, or long lost friends rather. And that makes you really want to deliver. And as the tour went on, we
thought "We should really try to capture this. We really should." - Jim, Interview with Matt Everitt, BBC Radio Six, 20th August 2019
- The album was announced the previous August. A souviner of the band's Walk Between Worlds tour
had been eagerly anticipated, although it took almost a year to be released.
- It was released on three formats. The standard editions (4LP and 2CD) featured the entire sold-out concert from the
Orpheum Theatre, Los Angeles, which took place on the 24th October 2018.
- The Deluxe 4CD edition included another 15 tracks, bringing the tally up to 40 songs, a nod to the band's
40th anniversary. This bonus material was recorded during other concerts, rehearsals and sound-checks.
(Glittering Prize was recorded at the Fillmore-Gleason Theatre, Miami on the
8th November for instance).
- The Simple Minds Shop sold the various formats in packaged bundles, some of which included set-lists signed by
Jim and Charlie.
- Amazon sold a limited edition run of signed standard edition CDs as an exclusive.