- After the disappointing Spaceface release by Eagle, it was left to Absolutely to fill the void with
some newly commissioned reworks by up-and-coming remixers. They did not disappoint.
- As with their previous Cry single, Absolutely issued a
teaser promo before the actual release. Housed in
a black die-cut sleeve, with just a white "Spaceface" title across the label, this anonymous one-sided
12" included Stonebridge's remix of the song.
- It'd received high praise from
Jim: "I just heard a great remix today of Spaceface. It's incredible. [It] was e-mailed -
was MP3ed out from Scandinavian outfit called Stonebridge. It's really, really great."
- Although no-one thought to pass that onto Stonebridge: "How cool was that? I'm amazed at this reaction. When you speak to Jim next,
tell him I've been a big fan of theirs since the 80's, and always wanted to remix something of theirs.
Also, I am one guy (not a team) from Stockholm, Sweden. Thanks for this, made my week!"
- Absolutely finally issued a 12" featuring the Stonebridge and Farfa
remixes of the track. Italian label Carosello handled the CD format, although they decided
to use the more radio friendly edits for this two-track release.
- Collectors were not disappointed: a limited number of
white-label test pressings were distributed (complete
with DJ Reaction sheets: "No feedback - no more promos") as well as some
rough-and-ready CDR acetates (featuring the club mixes and radio mixes).
- A couple of months later in January 2003, DJ Judge Jules promoted another
remix on his Saturday show (the first airplay for a current Simple Minds single on Radio One for years).
This harder reinterpretation, the Tomcraft remix, duly appeared with Harkakt
(along with a second vinyl outing for Farfa) on a second 12". By now, Absolutely
had reverted to a generic company die-cut sleeve design, which would be the norm for all their subsequent releases.
- Absolutely had clearly done their homework and selected their remixers carefully: both
Stonebridge and Tomcraft gained greater success and soon became well
known remixers and DJs in their own right.